Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good weather for photography

First of all, Happy New Year to all of my blog readers!! It was a colder than usual year end this time. I hope all of you had a great holidays and wish you a happy and prosperous new year!

After getting my digital SLR, I have been reading about photography and experimenting a lot! Today I clicked this photo. It was a nice weather I could see till quite far over the horizon.


On the left side of the photo is Yokohama Landmark Tower. The red color of the sky is not a result of any editing or filter. I clicked the photo in following mode.

Lens:                55-250mm
Shutter Speed:  1/40
Aperture:          5.6
ISO:                 1600
White Balance:  Flash (I guess it was AWB)

I have to say, I got my camera in just about right time. This is the timing when skies are most clear in Japan. Also, Snow and subsequently Spring is waiting for me couple of months down the line, when I will have (hopefully) mastered basics of the digital photography.

There is neither dearth of good photographers or photography clubs in Japan, nor equipment, locations and subjects to shoot. I hope to utilize best of all..